Night adventures are fun to many. This is because at this time of the day is when there is a cool environment. Many people and animals are having a rest which makes them vulnerable. As long as you discover their hideout, then you can easily hunt them down. When we went out camping with my family, we really craved roasted meat. We had no option but to do our hunting late in the night so as to get the prey as fresh as it is. One advantage that we had is that had the best night vision scope under $500.
Believe me or not, we never lost our focus because we would hunt down a deer or an impala once in a while using these scopes. If you are interested in the night hunt, then the best night vision scopes under $500 will do you justice. As human beings, we do not see clearly at night. That means that we need an aid and these scopes play the best role in night vision. This buyer’s guide will give you an insight of the best night vision scopes under $500 and the factors to consider when making the purchase.
A Summary of The Best Night Vision Scope Under $500
1. Night Owl Optics NightShot Digital Night Vision Riflescope IR illuminator, Black, NIGHTSHOT
Just as the name goes, the Night Owl Optics Night shot is the ideal scope for night hunting. It is a generation 1 scope that can be mounted in the weaver and Picatinny rail systems. These are good features in comparison to the price. It has a very high resolution meaning that it can provide good eye relief to any person that has eye problems.
It can display an image at a resolution of 640×480 and can magnify the image 3x. The IR illuminator helps to enhance focus at night meaning that the image is visible. The presence of 3 reticles makes the optic system in it better. The built-in illuminator is however detachable.
In a typical environment, it can focus at a range of 100-200 yards. The good thing about it is that it is weatherproof meaning that it can be used at any time of the year without any hitches.
It is lightweight so carrying it around will not be a problem. It also means that even after attaching it to the riffle, the weight will still be negligible.
- It is well-built from premium materials.
- Compact and light which is great for kids.
- Fantastic quality lenses.
- It provides a sharp focus.
- Reasonably priced.
- They are very small
2.Bushnell Night Vision Equinox Z2 Monocular
With the mobile device, one can connect to it and get live videos, Therefore, on the mobile device, there is a clear image view as well as video recording. When one purchases it, it comes with either the monocular as well as the carry case. Also, the video quality is up to 1080p either during the day or during the night.
It is light and therefore easy to carry around. Therefore, there id no worry of the ability to carry it around during the surveillance.
- Can be used at day or at night
- Light weight
- Can be connected to a mobile device
- Can be used for video recording
- No audio recording
3.Night Vision Monocular, HD Digital Infrared Camera Scope
This is one of the best night vision scopes under $500 from Best guarder. It has a magnification of 6x50mm.In addition, it has a 1-5x digital zoom and 500 million pixels. This makes it a good scope for night vision because of also the inbuilt infrared illuminator. The illuminator is helpful at night and can be able to view a distance of 1150f/350m. Video recording can also be possible with the use of the scope because of the ability of the video recorder in it. So it can act as a camera, a telescope as well as a video recorder.
It also joins the list of the best night vision scope for surveillance in that it has a camera that can be connected to a TV with the Tv cable. It can also be connected to the computer by the use of the USB cable.
It is a durable scope because of its ability to be housed in a water resistant material. Therefore, it can be comfortably used in all weather conditions.
- Has an IR illuminator
- Can be used with a tv cable and USB cable
- Can be used as a video recorder
- It is heavy
4. Firefield FF16001 NVRS 3x 42mm Gen 1 Night Vision Riflescope, Black
If you are looking for a generation 1 weaver mount night riflescope under $500, that has a very comfortable design then this is the best for you. The scope is also light weight meaning that if you want to carry it around, you will not have any problems. Many people want to hunt when they are stress-free. The way this scope is designed is so ergonomic that even on fitting it on the rifle scope, it will still be comfortable.
It also gives a quality image and resolution. This is from the magnification power that it possesses. It can be able to magnify an image up to 3x meaning that it will be visible enough. The visibility is also enhanced by the infrared that is inbuilt meaning that at night, the focus is done using the cross hairs. These cross hairs are red in color meaning that one cannot miss the focus.
It also contains a small knob that can be used for adjustment. In the case that you want to get a clearer view or a clear focus, using the knob can be of benefit to you. That means that certain angle focuses can be made with ease.
The night scope is also durable. This is because it is made of titanium. During hunting, the environment and the climate are likely to change. If it rains, for example, the water can fall on the scope and damage it. Therefore a durable material is needed to make sure that the scope lasts longer and serves the intended purpose.
- High resolution
- Easy to adjust
- Comfortable design
- Easy to use
- No additional features
5. Sightmark Wraith HD 4-32×50 Digital Riflescope
The night vision scope has very unique features. This makes it one of the best night vision scopes under $500. First it has a magnification range of from 4-32×50 mm. Therefore one can be able to adjust to the vision point that they view best.
The other unique thing about the scope is the fact that it is customized to be used both during the day as well as at night. This is because of the settings in it that can be made for full color viewing for the day as well as the black and white or classic green at night. There is a definition sensor that the makes the images clearer as well as the in-built video recorder.
It has the options of customizing the hunting reticle options. This is where one can have 10 reticle options as well as 9 different color options for accurate results.
- Has hunting reticles
- Has an IR illuminator
- Can be used both day and night with full clarity during the day
- Has a video recorder
- Has no audio recording
ConclusionAny of the above night vision scope under $500 are one of the best scopes that one can get. This is considering that at night things may not be seen clearly. Having an illuminated and a light weight scope is an added advantage. Even as you look for the night vision scopes, look at the generations in which they belong. This is will make sure that you get the best vision and images in the hunting escapade.
Things to Look at when Making the Purchase of the Best Night Vision Scope Under $500
- Clarity is the number one thing that you need to look at. Remember, you cannot see well at night. You are using the night vision scope to help you. That means that you will have to make a purchase of one that views images clearly so as to get a precise shot. The illuminations on it are so essential when it comes to focus.
- The range of focus is also another thing that you need to consider. Do you need a long-range focus or a short range? How many yards do you need to focus? Does the vision night scope have a rangefinder? These are some of the questions and the things to look at even as you make the purchase. You can still go ahead and inquire from the dealer so as to get clarity.
- Additional features of the night vision scope are also key. There are some scopes that can be able to record the hunting activities. This is through the use of photos and videos. If you are a person that likes such memories then you can go ahead and purchase such a scope.
- Weight is always an issue. No one wants to carry baggage during the hunting game. That is why one will make sure that the scope that they are buying is lightweight. Even after attaching to the riffle, the weight will still be negligible.
- Compactness is also a feature to look at. You do not want to buy a scope that needs to be assembled from time to time when one needs to use it. This is because, in that process, it is likely to get spoilt. Therefore, it is advisable to buy a night vision scope that is already in its compact nature.
- Ability to mount is also vital. Do not choose a night vision scope that will give you a hard time in mounting on the rifle. This can waste your time especially if you are not well versed with the mounting process. That is why it is wise to even ask for the seller to demonstrate the mounting process to you as you make the purchase.
- Battery life is also key. No one wants to go with additional batteries on his or her pocket during hunting with the fear that it will run down. That is why one should be very keen in looking for that scope that has a long battery life. This will also save on the cost that is used to buy batteries from time to time.Any best night vision scope under $500 need to possess this character.
- Durability is also another factor that should be considered. The hunting environment is harsh meaning that from time to time the riffle may fall down or may get into contact with water. If the material making the scope is not tough and durable enough, then it will not serve you for a long time.
Type and features of generation night scope
Any best night vision scope under $500 is designed in a certain technology. This also depicts the uses of night vision devices.That is what results in generations of night vision scopes. Each generation has unique features that make it better and more preferred than the other one. According to the hunter, it is wise to look at the generation of the night vision scope that works best for you. This is shown by the features below.
Generation 1 Night vision scope
- Heavier than Generation 2 and Generation 3
- Uses lighting and not infrared
- Can function best under the moonlight
- Amplifies images up to 1000x
- Lasts up to 1500 hours when in use
Generation 2 Night vision scope
Being a modification of Generation 1, it is able to produce better images as it uses more light
- Produces brighter images
- Amplification goes up to 20,000 times
- Smaller in size as compared to Generation 1
- Sees best up to about 200 yards
- Does not use the IR light illumination
- Last up to 4500 hours when in use
Generation 3 Night vision scope
- Has a photocathode as well as a microchannel plate
- Amplification goes up to 30,000x -50,000 x
- Can last up to 10, 00 hours in operation
- Can work perfectly in low light conditions
- Sights best at 300 yards