The day you finally decide to get your own 22lr scope, your desire will be to get your hands on the best there is. A precise, powerful, and effective scope will allow you to take the best shots. However, first-hand knowledge of optics is quite vital before you choose one. The review gives a guide on the best 22lr scope to purchase.
The fact that scopes have seen many technological advancements over the last few years will be a puzzle that you will have to crack when you have no idea of what to expect or the specifications you need in your scope.
On the other hand, when you have enough knowledge on them, arm yourself with that knowledge, and storm the market confidently, you will easily get what suits your needs.
This way, you will always look forward to taking better best shots at your target whether you are using the 22lr scope for military or hunting purposes.
These are some of the best 22lr scopes you can find in the market with some of the best designs as well as features for better aiming.
In this post we'll cover:
- 1 Review of Top 5 best 22lr scopes
- 2 Factors to Consider When Buying 22lr Scopes
- 3 Conclusion
Review of Top 5 best 22lr scopes
1. Vortex Optics Crossfire II Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescopes
Vortex Optics Crossfire II Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescope is one of the products that has been specifically designed to suit the needs of the shooters wherever they are.
They are reliable, precise and great in their performance, something that any shooter would desire for their scopes.
Of course we cannot talk of Vortex Optics Crossfire II Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescope without mentioning its quick target acquisition eyepiece that allows you to make a sure shot even when your target is on the run.
This is a great aspect because even when you are hunting down dangerous animals, you can shoot long before they get to you.
Its beautiful model that is light and made from the most durable materials is the best for long-term usage. Anyone who has used this product can vouch for this.
Its MOA turrets are adjustable and can easily be reset, the lenses are fully multi-coated as well as anti-reflective to allow for bright, excellent view of the target and its eye relief is all that you can wish for because it is long enough. This is not a scope you can easily give up on.
It provides you with images that are crisp, bright and clear so that you can make the most out of it, be able to take a shot at your target and enjoy while you are at it.
The aluminum tube which is highly anodized is purged with nitrogen and sealed with an o-ring to ensure that its performance is not affected by water or fog and therefore is proofed for both of them. Therefore, whether the weather is favorable or not, you can still carry out the activity unperturbed.
The V-Plex reticle has been made to suit the hunting needs you have. Its focusing is easy as well as quick and this is made possible by the fast-focus eyepiece.
- It is both waterproof as well as fogproof for great performance.
- Its eye relief is long to allow for easier acquisition of the target.
- The anti-reflective nature of the lenses that are also multi-coated allows for clarity and bright views of the target.
- It has an excellent field of view.
- The quality aircraft grade aluminum that is used to make the single tube for this scope ensures that it retains its strength and reliability.
- Mounting it on your rifle is easy.
- It is easy to zero in.
- Its clarity and focus are tremendous.
- It is possible to find the crosshairs being out of alignment with the gun especially when you use wheeler bubble level-level to mount it on your rifle.
2.Simmons Truplex .22 Mag Riflescope
If great quality is what tops your priority list for the best optic, then Simmons Truplex .22 Mag Riflescope is what you should choose.
This scope is gaining popularity at a very high rate nowadays.
To start with, its innovative features and design make it more worthwhile for hunting expeditions, military purposes, or other recreational uses.
It is one of the best viewfinders you will ever find in the market.
It is light enough for better handling since it is constructed with one-piece tube.
This tube also adds in its durability and strength such that when you buy it, it is meant to serve you for a long time.
This is a guarantee that it is durable and you will not have to keep going back to the market for replacements for a very long time.
In addition, worries about using it in diverse weather conditions will be a thing of the past.
This is for the reason that the material that is used to make it is proofed for water, shock as well as fog.
This is an added advantage seeing that some shooters have to postpone this important activity when the weather is not favorable and their scopes cannot withstand those conditions.
The specifications for these scopes get more interesting.
For example, it has a high magnification power, a quick target acquisition eyepiece whose eye relief is what you would consider to be stunning, optics that are fully coated and of the highest quality, it can be adjusted for both windage as well as elevation, among others.
This one of the best scopes that you would be proud to possess.
Besides this, if you have a preference for more clear images, this is the best fit for you. The optics allow for HD clarity that will impress you. The images are both clear and bright due to this aspect.
This is an excellent scope for all it is worth. To top it all, it can be mounted on different air rifles. This means that you do not have to own a specific rifle in order to use it.
- It is waterproof, fog proof and shock proof.
- It can easily be mounted on the air rifle that you have.
- The materials that are used to make are of the highest quality to give you longer services.
- It is both precise and effective in its use such that it is not easy to miss your target.
- The HD precision is excellent due the quality optics it has.
- The images come out clear, sharp as well as bright.
- It provides a maximum field of view.
- Its magnification power is high.
- This optic provides existent performance that you would not see in many scopes.
- Zeroing in is easy.
- The eye relief may not perform to your expectations sometimes.
3. Leupold FX-II Scout 2.5x28mm Duplex
Most centerfire models are expensive and therefore you have to dig deeper into your pocket in order to afford them. However, you can still obtain your dream scope at a less expensive price.
Leupold FX-II Scout 2.5x28mm Duplex is one of those that are quite affordable. For many .22 based shooting, this is the scope that is ideal for it.
Its boasts of great features that make it more worthwhile.
For instance, it is one of the most durable, compact as well as reliable scope because it is made from extremely high-quality materials.
This is a guarantee that it is intended to last for a long time. If you shoot at a shorter range, this is the best option you can ever get.
It also allows for adjustments for both windage and elevation due to 1/4-MOA turrets that make this possible.
The main tube is thin enough to ensure it is not heavy to carry around. Due to this design, it is able to allow for more legacy rings to be fitted.
It is designed to withstand both light rains as well as a fog because it is nitrogen sealed to make certain that its performance is never affected by these weather conditions.
This therefore means that it has complete integrity for both the fogproof as waterproof. What more can you ask for?
The lens allows for higher, lighter transmission because it is treated with a coating that provides for this. This makes it even better for abrasion resistance.
In addition, the images brought forth are always clear, bright, and crisp. This can be of help as the best scope for elk hunting.
You can quickly acquire your target and aim at a shorter range in a precise manner. The performance of these optics is therefore truly outstanding.
- It has a lifetime warranty. This covers you scope for as long as you are in possession of it.
- The knobs are high in quality. The glass is no exception.
- The quality is excellent and this makes it more reliable since it is not easy to damage it. This has contributed greatly to its popularity among many hunting centers and other shootings.
- The fact that its lens is not adjustable allows for precise shooting at 300 yards. The field of view is stunning and allows you to obtain clear and crisp images due to the lens’ 2.5X power.
- This optic’s effectiveness is unmatched. Target acquisition is easy and fun. This is made possible by the long eye relief the scope has.
- It is both agile and light, thanks to the durable, one-inch aluminum tube material it is made from.
- If you have been using the adjustable magnification models and made your transition to the fixed one, you may not find it to be as versatile as the former optic.
- It cannot be used to shoot beyond 300 yards due to its short-range design.
- It is expensive.
4. Nikon P-RIMFIRE BDC 150 Rifle Scope, Black
Another 22LR optic that has remained on top of the competition is the Nikon P-RIMFIRE BDC 150 Rifle Scope.
When you are looking for a durable, reliable, and well-performing scope, this is what you should go for. Its features have made it more popular.
To start with, the materials that are used to make them include both aluminum and polymer.
These are high in quality to ensure that the scope serves you longer.
This can be mounted on rifles that are .22 shooting-based.
This optic is worth considering because of its field of view. It allows for clarity and precision when you are shooting at a shorter range of between 50 to 150 yards. Due to this, the shots are more accurate.
Zeroing in is not an overwhelming task at all. The hand-turn adjustment is perfect for this.
In addition, the anti-reflective compounds that coat the glass lenses ensure the images are bright and clear enough for the best shots.
The optical system they use is fully multicoated, an aspect that makes them ideal for transmission of enough light. At any time of day or night, the brightness is at its maximum level.
It is a perfect optic for fast acquisition of targets.
The sighting speed has been designed to be extreme so that you will be more accurate and precise at aiming and taking shots.
The O-ring seals on the material and the fact that it is nitrogen purged adds in its effective performance because it is both waterproof and fog proof.
Whether there is fog or light rains, the conditions are favorable for the scope to be used.
There are many options for the settings and even when they are altered, the accuracy is not negatively affected.
This is possible due to the eye relief that is 3.8 inches in length.
The wide magnification options do not change this accuracy either. The 80 MOA turret clicks allow for the adjustments.
This is an optic that will easily exceed the expectations you have.
- It is a waterproof and fog proof model that can be used in certain weather conditions.
- It is easy to zero in.
- Mounting it to your rifle is easy.
- It is adjustable.
- The magnification level is wide and superb.
- The eye relief is long.
- It is costly.
5. Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Multi-X Reticle Adjustable Objective Riflescope
As it is, the reviews for this optic keep getting better. Its design is to thank for this.
The magnification is wide and the 40mm objective lens can be used when there is low light, whether you are using it early in the morning or late in the evening.
You can still get clear and bright images at such times because these lenses are multicoated to provide for this. As such, hunting time never becomes dull for many shooters.
There is no limit for the target you are going for, whether it is a pestering varmint or the big game animal.
The quality, one-inch tube makes it lighter to carry around and guarantees reliability in its use.
You can also make adjustments to both windage and elevation. It has 1/4 MOA click turrets that allow you to make these adjustments.
The eyepiece, which is 12 inches long, is the fast-focus type.
This ensures you have better shots at your target even when it is on the run. The eye-relief is 3.3 inches long.
Clarity and brightness are highly emphasized here.
The matte black finish makes it stand out. This is because it is strong such that scratches do not have any effect on it.
If you want it in another finish, however, there are options to choose from. It also has multiple reticle options.
The presence of nitrogen purge and o-ring seals on this scope makes it a better model since it is waterproof and fog proof.
Light rain and fog do not block you from hunting when you are in possession of this scope.
For heavy recoils, the scope can hold up stunningly.
With the right mounting rings, mounting it to your .22 rimfire rifle becomes easy. This way, its performance will be effective.
- Its lightweight nature and compactness make it effective, quick, and easy to carry when moving it from one place to another.
- If you have the right mounting ring, mounting it becomes easier.
- The scope is highly versatile.
- Adjusting it is easy and therefore anyone can do this.
- It is both functional and accurate and provides value for your money.
- The field of view and magnification is great.
- It may have issues with quality control.
Factors to Consider When Buying 22lr Scopes
A few guidelines will come in handy when you will be choosing the best .22lr scope.
When you have no knowledge of what to find in the market, confusion may creep in and you may not be proud of what you will choose at long last.
Besides doing thorough research, consider these important aspects.
It is no brainer that you will need high-quality scopes. How else are you going to enjoy hunting if you keep replacing the optics due to low quality?
This vital aspect should be a top priority if you want to avoid frustrations.
When you choose quality optics, there will never be dull days in your hunting expeditions.
A great quality model will provide reliability at all times.
One of the specifications that the best optic should have is high magnification. This will allow for a better focus of your target.
When magnification is excellent, you will get a better view of your target and a better shot will follow.
The best 22lr scopes work better with a 9x magnification. This provides an excellent field of view and target acquisition will be easy and fun.
The effectiveness of an optic is always determined by how it is designed. For example, the materials used should not make it too heavy; it will be hard for you to keep moving positions when you choose a scope that is not lightweight.
Moving it from one place to another will be more quick and fast if it is lightweight.
In addition, the model that will perform to your expectations should be both waterproof and fog proof. A slight change in weather conditions, in this case, will not affect what you are doing. If it is designed with quality materials, durability is assured.
To avoid inaccuracy that is usually caused by an optical illusion, choose an optic that allows for parallax adjustment.
When you have such, you will be bidding goodbye to the visual misapprehensions. Most of the modern scopes have these features that allow for better focus.
The best scope is one that meets or exceeds your expectations. Start by knowing the purpose for which it is intended as well as the specifications of your desired model.
When you have this kind of information, it will be easier for you to choose a scope that would serve you for long.
The aforementioned scopes are effective in their performance and cost-friendly. The manufacturers of these scopes are trying their best to produce what the market needs.
The modern features incorporated in these scopes are proof of that. The information provided on each of the scopes is quite vital.
This means when you take your time to go through what is provided, you are sure to land a scope you will always be proud that you chose.